Kalbar is committed to providing responsible stewardship of the natural resources over which we have control or influence.
We recognise that best-in-class environmental management is critical to excellent operational performance and to building community trust and acceptance.
- Undertake all necessary environmental assessments for our operations and use the best available evidence to identify how we can prevent, minimise, mitigate or remediate any harmful effects of our operations on the environment
- Engage with stakeholders at the planning and every subsequent phase of our operations to identify and manage environmental risk and identify opportunities to improve
- Ensure the efficient use of water, energy and other natural resources are embedded into our operational practices with a focus to reduce waste and recycle as much as possible
- Rehabilitate and restore the land for agriculture and native grassy woodlands to provide net environmental benefits
- Focus on opportunities to use renewable energy or low carbon solutions to reduce our greenhouse gas emissions where possible
- Respect that climate change is a shared global challenge and participate in solutions that address the physical impacts of climate change